The Depository Trust and Clearing Corporation (DTCC) is an industry owned corporation that provides clearing, settlement and information services for equities, corporate and municipal bonds, government and mortgage backed securities, money market instruments and OTC derivatives through its subsidiaries. The principal subsidiaries are as follows:
- National Securities Clearing Corporation (NSCC) – central counterparty for clearing, settling and guaranteeing US stock trades.
- The Depository Trust Company (DTC) – provided custody and safekeeping services for securities.
- Fixed Income Clearing Corporation (FICC) – provides trade match, clearing and risk management services for fixed income securities through its Government Securities Division (GSD) and Mortgage-Backed Securities Division (MBSD).
- DTCC Deriv/SERV LLC – provides trade match and comparison services for OTC derivative transactions.
- European central Counterparty Ltd. (EuroCCP) – provides clearing and settlement services for pan-European markets.