In July 2022, we surveyed 276 individuals in the U.S. on macroeconomic concerns to see how they attune to investments in the income sector. The purpose of the survey was to see how the average respondent felt about current economic issues and the way these outlooks translated into investment objectives. Topics ranged from thoughts on current mortgage rates and fuel costs to inflationary and recession fears.
- Of the 75% of survey respondents who have a viewpoint on mortgage rates over the past year, over 80% believe they have risen.
- Over 90% of those surveyed have noted fuel prices rising over the last 12 months, with 38% deeming the price hike to be greater than 40%.
- More than 80% of those surveyed, remarked concerns over the impact of inflation on their individual investments.
- More than 80% of those surveyed, remarked concerns over the impact of market volatility on their individual savings/investments.
- Over 50% of respondents foresee the U.S. economy to be in a recession by the end of 2023, while a fifth remain skeptical.
- There are varied levels of importance placed on dividends by investors when considering their portfolio—majority view dividends as of medium concern.
Click here to download the Global X ETFs Survey on American Consumers and Macroeconomic Monetary View.
Originally Posted July 28, 2022 – Global X ETFs Survey: American Consumers and Macroeconomic Monetary Views
Disclosure: Global X ETFs
Carefully consider the Fund’s investment objectives, risk factors, charges and expenses before investing. This and additional information can be found in the Fund’s full or summary prospectus, which may be obtained by calling 1-888-GX-FUND-1 (1.888.493.8631), or by visiting globalxfunds.com. Read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Disclosure: Interactive Brokers
Information posted on IBKR Campus that is provided by third-parties does NOT constitute a recommendation that you should contract for the services of that third party. Third-party participants who contribute to IBKR Campus are independent of Interactive Brokers and Interactive Brokers does not make any representations or warranties concerning the services offered, their past or future performance, or the accuracy of the information provided by the third party. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
This material is from Global X ETFs and is being posted with its permission. The views expressed in this material are solely those of the author and/or Global X ETFs and Interactive Brokers is not endorsing or recommending any investment or trading discussed in the material. This material is not and should not be construed as an offer to buy or sell any security. It should not be construed as research or investment advice or a recommendation to buy, sell or hold any security or commodity. This material does not and is not intended to take into account the particular financial conditions, investment objectives or requirements of individual customers. Before acting on this material, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and, as necessary, seek professional advice.
Any discussion or mention of an ETF is not to be construed as recommendation, promotion or solicitation. All investors should review and consider associated investment risks, charges and expenses of the investment company or fund prior to investing. Before acting on this material, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and, as necessary, seek professional advice.