- A lot of red on the screen this morning.
- UK Inflation disappointment versus US.
- Where next for the Tesla chart? US Dollar holding steady this week, but long term downside targets are now activated.
- Need to watch key level of February low.
- Sterling holding steady after yesterday’s inflation number.
- Bitcoin falls back, heading to short term targets. US stocks set to lower today based on futures.
- S&P 500 Index still has work to do to get back above previous 4,200 point high.
- US markets still below their weekly clouds. UK market week today but still bullish on all three time horizons.
- Dax looking strong as well. CAC40 actually made a new all-time high.
- Asia little changed overnight, before falls in US futures kicked in.
- Soft Commodities – Sugar continues to look strong.
- Gold playing with the $2,000 level now.
- Precious metals all looking strong long-term now.
- US Bond yields have been edging higher on inflation uncertainty.
- Energy – Crude Oil falls back to fill gap created on production custs news earlier this month.
- European Gas recovered today having made new lows.
- German Power – watch for triangle breakout!.
Disclosure: Interactive Brokers
Information posted on IBKR Campus that is provided by third-parties and not by Interactive Brokers does NOT constitute a recommendation by Interactive Brokers that you should contract for the services of that third party. Third-party participants who contribute to IBKR Campus are independent of Interactive Brokers and Interactive Brokers does not make any representations or warranties concerning the services offered, their past or future performance, or the accuracy of the information provided by the third party. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
This material is from Updata Analytics and is being posted with permission from Updata Analytics. The views expressed in this material are solely those of the author and/or Updata Analytics and IBKR is not endorsing or recommending any investment or trading discussed in the material. This material is not and should not be construed as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security. To the extent that this material discusses general market activity, industry or sector trends or other broad based economic or political conditions, it should not be construed as research or investment advice. To the extent that it includes references to specific securities, commodities, currencies, or other instruments, those references do not constitute a recommendation to buy, sell or hold such security. This material does not and is not intended to take into account the particular financial conditions, investment objectives or requirements of individual customers. Before acting on this material, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and, as necessary, seek professional advice.
In accordance with EU regulation: The statements in this document shall not be considered as an objective or independent explanation of the matters. Please note that this document (a) has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and (b) is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination or publication of investment research.
Any trading symbols displayed are for illustrative purposes only and are not intended to portray recommendations.
There is a substantial risk of loss in foreign exchange trading. The settlement date of foreign exchange trades can vary due to time zone differences and bank holidays. When trading across foreign exchange markets, this may necessitate borrowing funds to settle foreign exchange trades. The interest rate on borrowed funds must be considered when computing the cost of trades across multiple markets.
Disclosure: Digital Assets
Trading in digital assets, including cryptocurrencies, is especially risky and is only for individuals with a high risk tolerance and the financial ability to sustain losses. Eligibility to trade in digital asset products may vary based on jurisdiction.
Disclosure: Futures Trading
Futures are not suitable for all investors. The amount you may lose may be greater than your initial investment. Before trading futures, please read the CFTC Risk Disclosure. A copy and additional information are available at ibkr.com.
Disclosure: Bitcoin Futures
TRADING IN BITCOIN FUTURES IS ESPECIALLY RISKY AND IS ONLY FOR CLIENTS WITH A HIGH RISK TOLERANCE AND THE FINANCIAL ABILITY TO SUSTAIN LOSSES. More information about the risk of trading Bitcoin products can be found on the IBKR website. If you’re new to bitcoin, or futures in general, see Introduction to Bitcoin Futures.