- US Banking Crisis – More regional banks set to fail – Bank of America is the chart to watch now!
- US Dollar weakening despite US rate rise, watch the key levels now.
- Sterling stronger.
- Bitcoin struggling to get back above 30K, but big upside target still there.
- US stocks, set to open a little higher today based on futures. S&P 500 Index still has work to do to get back above previous 4,200 point high.
- US markets still below their weekly clouds.
- UK market failing to make a new high, same for the DAX.
- Asia mixed overnight. India falls but still one of the best looking stock markets long term.
- Gold holding the $2,000 level more convincingly now, consensus is we will go to $2,500 – medium term targets short of that.
- Silver looking very good above $25 with big upside target now.
- US Bond still a fight between the medium and long term trends.
- Energy – Crude Oil forming a base after big falls again this week – key levels given for Brent and WTI.
- Carbon steadies after break to new lows! Watch the targets.
- European Gas new lows as well – we look at short and medium term price targets.
- German Power – back below critical level, trading range looks set to break.
- Have a great weekend and if you are in the UK – God save the King!
Originally Posted May 5, 2023
Disclosure: Interactive Brokers
Information posted on IBKR Campus that is provided by third-parties and not by Interactive Brokers does NOT constitute a recommendation by Interactive Brokers that you should contract for the services of that third party. Third-party participants who contribute to IBKR Campus are independent of Interactive Brokers and Interactive Brokers does not make any representations or warranties concerning the services offered, their past or future performance, or the accuracy of the information provided by the third party. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
This material is from Updata Analytics and is being posted with permission from Updata Analytics. The views expressed in this material are solely those of the author and/or Updata Analytics and IBKR is not endorsing or recommending any investment or trading discussed in the material. This material is not and should not be construed as an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security. To the extent that this material discusses general market activity, industry or sector trends or other broad based economic or political conditions, it should not be construed as research or investment advice. To the extent that it includes references to specific securities, commodities, currencies, or other instruments, those references do not constitute a recommendation to buy, sell or hold such security. This material does not and is not intended to take into account the particular financial conditions, investment objectives or requirements of individual customers. Before acting on this material, you should consider whether it is suitable for your particular circumstances and, as necessary, seek professional advice.
In accordance with EU regulation: The statements in this document shall not be considered as an objective or independent explanation of the matters. Please note that this document (a) has not been prepared in accordance with legal requirements designed to promote the independence of investment research, and (b) is not subject to any prohibition on dealing ahead of the dissemination or publication of investment research.
Any trading symbols displayed are for illustrative purposes only and are not intended to portray recommendations.
There is a substantial risk of loss in foreign exchange trading. The settlement date of foreign exchange trades can vary due to time zone differences and bank holidays. When trading across foreign exchange markets, this may necessitate borrowing funds to settle foreign exchange trades. The interest rate on borrowed funds must be considered when computing the cost of trades across multiple markets.
Disclosure: Digital Assets
Trading in digital assets, including cryptocurrencies, is especially risky and is only for individuals with a high risk tolerance and the financial ability to sustain losses. Eligibility to trade in digital asset products may vary based on jurisdiction.
Disclosure: Futures Trading
Futures are not suitable for all investors. The amount you may lose may be greater than your initial investment. Before trading futures, please read the CFTC Risk Disclosure. A copy and additional information are available at ibkr.com.
Disclosure: Bitcoin Futures
TRADING IN BITCOIN FUTURES IS ESPECIALLY RISKY AND IS ONLY FOR CLIENTS WITH A HIGH RISK TOLERANCE AND THE FINANCIAL ABILITY TO SUSTAIN LOSSES. More information about the risk of trading Bitcoin products can be found on the IBKR website. If you’re new to bitcoin, or futures in general, see Introduction to Bitcoin Futures.